(07) 3808 4200
Free shipping
$0 Left
My cart Go to checkout

Pinnacle 4x4 Frequently Asked Questions

Do i need Airbags?

If your vehicle tows or carries uneven loads causing the rear or front end to sag then you need to drive safe and level up with Airbags. By installing Airbags to your vehicle you can take advantage of many features and benefits which include adjustable levelling control, eliminating spring sag, safer load carrying, better braking, improved steering & handling, stabilise body roll, prevents bottoming out, excellent ride quality, reduced tyre wear & lower maintenance costs.

Do airbags affect articulation/flex/travel of my vehicle when four wheel driving?

If you were to have no airbags fitted to your vehicle and you were towing or carrying load or even just 4wd’ing with passengers and your vehicle was sitting low, sagged and uneven, then you are losing suspension travel due to the weight on the vehicle shortening the gap between your chassis and axle, therefor leaving you to potentially bottom out. If you add our airbags & inflate them to return your vehicle back to its level ride height position you are eliminating that factor and gaining back the travel/flex that you lost when under load.

So answer to your question is, no our airbags do not affect your articulation providing you use them correctly as stated in your Airbag Man owner’s manual.

The only way you will lose suspension travel is if you add too much pressure into the airbags forcing the suspension to extend out past standard height when not required. This will limit your downward travel/flex of your suspension.

Airbag Man Design and Manufacture vehicle specific airbag kits to work with the full suspension travel or your vehicle, make sure you operate the airbags correctly as stated in your Airbag Man owner’s manual to ensure suspension articulation is maintained

How do airbags work?

Install airbags on your vehicle and you’ll be able to lift and level up a sagging rear end when towing caravans, boats, campervans and trailers or when carrying extra uneven loads. Airbags will give your vehicle the extra support needed in the suspension for more comfortable, economical and safer driving. Airbags can be adjusted for varying loads and road conditions by inflating or deflating, just like inflating or deflating a car tyre, to give you rear to front and side to side levelling control of your vehicle.

How do I inflate or deflate my airbags?

rec page 7

Very simple! You can add air via a service stations tyre inflation facilities or if you have a portable compressor that will work perfectly as well. If you wanted to inflate or deflate your airbags from the comfort of your vehicle, we have a massive range of on board air accessories that will give you the ability of individual press of a button technology & pressure readings via an analogue or digital gauge.

Read more about gift card
Check the sales
DOWNLOAD OUR
LATEST CATALOGUE
Pinnacle 4x4 Gift Cards
The best last-minute present
4x4 Newsletter
Know about the best deals first
DOWNLOAD OUR
PRICING AND SERVICE GUIDE
Our Brands
Mobile version